Definition of hymnal in English:
A book of hymns.
- This hymn has traditionally been the first hymn in Methodist hymnals since the time of Wesley.
- Unfortunately, no details were given as to the criteria for selection of the hymnals nor were the hymnals themselves named.
- Therefore, congregations have had the liberty to choose their own liturgy, including their hymns and hymnals.
adjectiveBack to top
Of hymns: hymnal music
More example sentences
- Yet, as on ‘Children's Waltz’ and ‘Lullaby’, the wave of pastel, hymnal harmonies are hard to deny on aesthetic grounds.
- Closer ‘Darkened Car’ circles back to the album's hymnal beginnings.
- And that hymnal quality extends to other cuts such as ‘Roll Away’ and ‘Forgiveness’.
Words that rhyme with hymnalcardinal • libidinal • ordinal
Definition of hymnal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.