- Artificial supply of nutrients, typically intravenously.More example sentences
- Intravenous hyperalimentation may be required until the gastrointestinal tract is functioning.
- If surgery cannot safely be postponed, parenteral or enteral hyperalimentation should be started.
- It is also associated with prior surgery, trauma, diabetes mellitus and in patients receiving intravenous hyperalimentation.
More definitions of hyperalimentationDefinition of hyperalimentation in:
- The British & World English dictionary