Definition of hyperglycemia in English:
An excess of glucose in the bloodstream, often associated with diabetes mellitus.
- Three key features of diabetic acidosis are hyperglycemia, ketosis, and acidosis.
- He suffered myocardial infarction in 1994 and has diabetes mellitus, hyperglycemia, hyperlipidemia, and impaired renal function.
- Cardiovascular disease is substantially increased in diabetes, with hyperglycaemia an independent risk factor.
- Example sentences
- The initiating event in hyperosmolar hyperglycemic state is glucosuric diuresis.
- The initial data collection demonstrated our institution has poor postoperative CABG hyperglycemic management.
- The treatment of the hyperglycaemic Struldbrugg is not straightforward either.
Definition of hyperglycemia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan