Definition of hyperimmune in English:
Having a high concentration of antibodies produced in reaction to repeated injections of an antigen.
- Conversely, an allergy is a hyperimmune response to a special antigen called an allergen (eg, pollen, chemical substances).
- The pooled hyperimmune rabbit serum was used in immunoblot and found to recognize all the major bands.
- Health status of the cow is also considered important in determining antibody response when producing hyperimmune products.
- Example sentences
- Further, puppies fed the hyperimmunized egg powder had significantly higher fecal IgA levels than the control group.
- In this study specific antibodies against the pathogen Helicobacter were enriched from the colostrum of hyperimmunized cows.
- Duralactin contains MicroLactin, a patented special milk protein concentrate from the milk of hyperimmunized cows.
Definition of hyperimmune in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan