- Abnormal thickening of the outer layer of the skin.More example sentences
- Most leukoplakias are caused by hyperkeratosis or a thickening of the outer keratin layer.
- Skin biopsy typically reveals hyperkeratosis and follicular plugging, with superficial and deep lymphocytic infiltrates.
- Their clinical symptoms were primarily hyperkeratosis and hyperpigmentation, which are well-recognized signs of arsenicalism.
More definitions of hyperkeratosisDefinition of hyperkeratosis in:
- The British & World English dictionary