(also hyperkinesia /-ˈnēZHə/)
- 1 Medicine Muscle spasm.More example sentences
- Of the remainder, just under one in five had confirmed hyperkinesis.
- Symptoms but not impact fell significantly in children with hyperkinesis.
- The hyperkinesia is usually confined to one side of the body contralateral to a lesion in the subthalamic nucleus.
- 2 Psychiatry A disorder of children marked by hyperactivity and inability to concentrate.More example sentences
- Childhood psychopathology is often persistent, particularly among children with conduct disorder and hyperkinesis.
- Dystonia, parkinsonism, and hyperkinesia all occur in elderly, untreated people.
- Behavioral problems such as hyperkinesis and aggressiveness have been associated with LKS.
mid 19th century: from hyper- 'above normal' + Greek kinēsis 'motion'.
More definitions of hyperkinesisDefinition of hyperkinesis in:
- The British & World English dictionary