Definition of hyperlink in English:
A link from a hypertext file or document to another location or file, typically activated by clicking on a highlighted word or image on the screen.
- Also never click on any hyperlinks in any junk email - this again confirms your existence and can lead to a virus being downloaded directly onto your PC.
- You should never click a hyperlink in an email, especially if you don't know who sent it to you.
- Each URL is a ‘Web site,’ or a location on the Internet that individuals can visit by clicking on hyperlinks.
verb[with object] Back to top
Create a hyperlink between (documents or parts of a document): thumbnail images that are hyperlinked to a larger image
More example sentences
- This article may be reprinted as long as the resource box is left intact and all links are hyperlinked.
- It also transfers hyperlinks and file properties or block attributes (AutoCAD).
- I think that you would want to hyperlink directly to the underlying files rather than use the desktop search tools.
Definition of hyperlink in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.