An abnormally high concentration of fats or lipids in the blood.
More example sentences
- In addition, persons with diabetes mellitus and hyperlipidemia are more likely to have nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Several other risk factors for cardiovascular disease, such as obesity, diabetes mellitus, and hyperlipidemia, are also correlated with CRP levels.
- Like hypertension and cigarette smoking, diabetes mellitus and hyperlipidemia are modifiable risk factors for stroke.
- More example sentences
- Platelets taken from hyperlipidaemic patients are highly thrombogenic.
- Nash has been described most frequently in obese women who are diabetic or hyperlipidemic.
- There are established patients who are no longer adequately controlled and new hyperlipidaemic patients.
Definition of hyperlipidemia in:
- The British & World English dictionary