Definition of hyperlipidemia in English:
An abnormally high concentration of fats or lipids in the blood.
- In addition, persons with diabetes mellitus and hyperlipidemia are more likely to have nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Several other risk factors for cardiovascular disease, such as obesity, diabetes mellitus, and hyperlipidemia, are also correlated with CRP levels.
- Like hypertension and cigarette smoking, diabetes mellitus and hyperlipidemia are modifiable risk factors for stroke.
- Example sentences
- Platelets taken from hyperlipidaemic patients are highly thrombogenic.
- Nash has been described most frequently in obese women who are diabetic or hyperlipidemic.
- There are established patients who are no longer adequately controlled and new hyperlipidaemic patients.
Definition of hyperlipidemia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan