Definition of hypersensitive in English:
Abnormally or excessively sensitive, either psychologically or in physical response.
- The necessity of avoiding irritating substances can force hypersensitive subjects to make numerous lifestyle changes.
- The skin is extremely painful and hypersensitive, even to air movement.
- This is a type of hypersensitive reaction triggered by exposure to an antigen (a substance which the body recognises as alien).
- Example sentences
- In the case of systemic hypersensitiveness reactions it may be necessary to initiate emergency measures.
- In other words, immunity against infectious agents is not a state of insensitivity, but rather a state of hypersensitiveness to constituents.
- In adults the percentage of hypersensitiveness was 90 percent in the immunized.
Definition of hypersensitive in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan