Definition of hypertension in English:
1Abnormally high blood pressure.
- People with excess body fat have a greater risk for such illnesses as diabetes and hypertension.
- The patient had a medical history of asthma, diabetes mellitus, and hypertension.
- Body shape at birth has some impact on the risk of several adult diseases, including hypertension and diabetes.
1.1A state of great psychological stress.
- People with jobs that demands stiff targets to be met, can often end up with stress and hypertension.
- Having lived with cats my whole life, I'm at a loss to understand feline hypertension.
- They were caused by stress and have, in turn, caused the hypertension.
Words that rhyme with hypertensionabstention, apprehension, ascension, attention, circumvention, comprehension, condescension, contention, contravention, convention, declension, detention, dimension, dissension, extension, gentian, hypotension, intention, intervention, invention, mention, misapprehension, obtention, pension, prehension, prevention, recension, retention, subvention, supervention, suspension, tension
Definition of hypertension in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India