Of or relating to the state immediately before falling asleep.
More example sentences
- These patients also reported and described hypnagogic images upon falling asleep.
- I wasn't sure whether or not I was suffering from a hypnagogic hallucination!
- Sleep paralysis occurs in the hypnagogic state or the hypnopompic state.
late 19th century: from French hypnagogique, from Greek hupnos 'sleep' + agōgos 'leading' (from agein 'to lead').
- More example sentences
- Saffron decided that she must be hallucinating, experiencing a sort of waking dream as the hypnagogia of her subconscious came to surface.
- Here, everything resembles hypnagogia (the ‘break-up’).
Definition of hypnagogic in:
- The British & World English dictionary