Definition of hypocycloid in English:
The curve traced by a point on the circumference of a circle that is rolling on the interior of another circle.
- It was also investigated by Steiner in 1856 and is sometimes called Steiner's hypocycloid.
- The present invention relates to a hypocycloid gear assembly used in internal combustion engines.
- If the describing circle is half the diameter of the pitch circle, the hypocycloid is a radial straight line.
- Example sentences
- Two lateral tomograms of the temporal bone 6 mm apart, acquired with hypocycloidal tomography.
- The hypocycloidal annulus must have exactly twice as many teeth as the orbiting planet gear.
- Because of the 2: 1 mechanical advantage of the hypocycloidal drive, 50% less force is required for braking.
Definition of hypocycloid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan