Definition of hypogene in English:
Producing or occurring under the surface of the earth.
- As fluids moved out from the intrusions, hypogene mineralization progressed in four stages.
- He concluded that the pearceite was probably hypogene and did not result from secondary, supergene enrichment.
- It has been somewhat tentatively identified as a primary hypogene mineral in several deposits.
- Example sentences
- Furthermore, at least 50% of the total copper in the heap is in the form of hypogenic copper sulfides.
- These catheters are constructed with 100% silicone and are beneficial to people with hypogenic alergies.
- This process generates, for example, geothermal systems, hypogenic caves, and vein-hosted Au deposits, which I study in some detail.
Definition of hypogene in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan