Definition of hypogonadism in English:
Reduction or absence of hormone secretion or other physiological activity of the gonads (testes or ovaries).
- Medical disorders such as Cushing's syndrome, hypothyroidism and hypogonadism rarely cause obesity.
- Accordingly, we determined prevalence and impact of hypogonadism on health-related quality of life in men with COPD.
- The causes of osteoporosis in men include hypogonadism, glucocorticoid excess, medications and lifestyle factors.
- Example sentences
- The drug also was approved for use by men with primary or hypogonadal osteoporosis who are at high risk for fractures.
- Of 38 hypogonadal patients, 29 had a concentration of LH that was low or normal, suggesting hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism.
- In the first study, 25 of 36 patients were hypogonadal.
Definition of hypogonadism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.