Relating to the persons of the Trinity.
- What was incarnated was a temporal, hypostatic extension of the transcendent God, not the transcendent God Himself.
- The Holy Spirit is the actual personal love of the Father for the Son and of the Son for the Father, their unity, itself hypostatic.
- Frequently, these experiences have a substantial, even hypostatic, effect on character formation.
- Example sentences
- And so what is proper to each nature, by reason of the hypostatical union, is ascribed to the whole person.
- To this passage, also, the hypostatical union is the only key.
- His word seems to be an almost hypostatical entity.
Words that rhyme with hypostaticachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aquatic, aristocratic, aromatic, asthmatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, axiomatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, cinematic, climatic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, enigmatic, epigrammatic, erratic, fanatic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, lymphatic, melodramatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, psychosomatic, quadratic, rheumatic, schematic, schismatic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, stigmatic, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic, traumatic
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of hypostatic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.