Definition of hypothermia in English:
The condition of having an abnormally low body temperature, typically one that is dangerously low.
- Whether it was the beginnings of altitude sickness, hypothermia, or simply fatigue I have no idea.
- It is when body energy is exhausted that hypothermia becomes potentially life-threatening.
- The winter could bring hypothermia, pneumonia and other respiratory illnesses.
- Example sentences
- The dynamic modulus of elasticity decreased in a linear fashion over 60 days of hypothermic storage.
- A victim who is not breathing should not be assumed to be dead: a hypothermic person does not need to breathe very much.
- Improvements in the surgical procedure including reducing the hypothermic circulatory arrest time may improve outcome.
Late 19th century: from hypo- 'below' + Greek thermē 'heat'.
Words that rhyme with hypothermiaHermia, hyperthermia
Definition of hypothermia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.