Definition of hypovolemia in English:
A decreased volume of circulating blood in the body.
- Possible side effects include hypovolemia, orthostatic hypotension, and urinary loss of potassium and magnesium.
- If the patient shows evidence of symptomatic hypovolemia, blood should be sent for type and cross.
- Thirst is also stimulated by hypotension and hypovolemia.
- Example sentences
- This issue is of minor importance in most instances of either pure hemorrhagic or hypovolemic shock.
- Less commonly, ectopic pregnancy presents with pain radiating to the shoulder, vaginal bleeding, syncope and/or hypovolemic shock.
- The benefits are prevention of recurrent splenic sequestration crises and reduction of the risk of hypovolemic shock and morbidity.
Definition of hypovolemia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan