1Deficiency in the amount of oxygen reaching the tissues.
More example sentences
- Increased hypoxia in local tissues, marked oedema of the toes, or development of venous hypertension may be involved.
- This is not easy, as too little fluid will cause hypoperfusion whereas too much will lead to oedema that will cause tissue hypoxia.
- These hemorrhagic and hemolytic events would result in tissue hypoxia that would, in turn, stimulate erythropoiesis.
- More example sentences
- One baby had signs of hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathy with fits.
- But there was no difference in glucose intolerance between hypoxic and hypoglycemic conditions.
- Seizures are usually due to hypoxic encephalopathy, hemorrhage or cerebral infarction.
Definition of hypoxia in:
- The British & World English dictionary