Definition of hypsilophodont in English:
A small bipedal herbivorous dinosaur of the middle Jurassic to late Cretaceous periods, adapted for swift running.
- Family Hypsilophodontidae, infraorder Ornithopoda, order Ornithischia
- Other bones of plant-eating dinosaurs, such as hypsilophodontids, were uncovered from the same region of peninsular Antarctica.
- The Ornithopoda included the hadrosaurs, the iguanodontids, the heterodontosaurs, the hypsilophodontids, and various other dinosaurs.
- Almost half of the dinosaur fossils found in southeastern Australia are hypsilophodontids.
Definition of hypsilophodont in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan