- 1Deriving from or affected by uncontrolled extreme emotion: hysterical laughter the band was mobbed by hysterical fansMore example sentences
- And as he watched her in confusion, Shelley's chuckle turned into an uncontrollable, hysterical fit of laughter.
- Approach this end room and the first thing noticed will be the hysterical, uncontrollable laughter.
- The young woman had crying fits, which were interspersed with screams and bursts of hysterical laughter.
- 1.1 • informal Extremely funny: her attempts to teach them to dance were hystericalMore example sentences
- How did this role come to you, this very funny, hysterical gun moll role?
- For the show, a group of puppeteers steps in and performs these calls with some very funny looking puppets on hysterical sets.
- Extreme gore and hysterical pratfalls all combine in a truly memorable mix.
- 2 Psychiatry Relating to, associated with, or suffering from hysteria: the doctor thinks the condition is partly hystericalMore example sentences
- So I may be a cynical, hysterical, psychotic, twisted masochist.
- Such a figure is literally and etymologically hysterical, as it is excessively feminized; it is also psychoanalytically hysterical.
- Although Halle is not around to encounter Beloved, he too suffers trauma and exhibits hysterical symptoms.
- 2.1 another term for histrionic (denoting personality disorder).
- [as submodifier]: isn’t it hysterically funny?More example sentences
- But I mention it because the presenters seemed to think the very idea of blogging was hysterically funny.
- I have just had the most hysterically funny response to my last post, thank you bubblehead.
- She was crying hysterically and trying frantically to wipe the food off her face.