Of or using iambs: iambic pentameters
More example sentences
- I have also used iambic tetrameter, a rhyme scheme that appears frequently in songs and uses four iambic feet.
- The second section of the poem, the last four lines, alternate between iambic tetrameter and pentameter.
- Here is how Arthur Golding rendered the scene, in iambic heptameter couplets, about the time Shakespeare was born.
1.1 (iambics) Iambic verse.
- She will slip from dactyls to iambics, pentameter to trimeter, quatrains to sestets.
- ‘The Beautiful Changes’ consists of three six-line stanzas in loose iambics with an anapestic lilt.
- There is often a meandering discursivity in the rhythm and content of Prynne's fractured iambics.
Words that rhyme with iambicchoriambic, dithyrambic
Definition of iambic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.