Definition of ibisbill in English:
An upland wading bird of central Asia, with a long, down-curved bill and black, white, and blue-gray plumage on the head and breast.
- Ibidorhyncha struthersii, the only member of the family Ibidorhynchidae
- This is apparently not the only site in Beijing municipality where ibisbills have been recorded.
- The ibisbill has no links to true ibises, to which it bears little resemblance except in its bill.
- The ibisbill feeds by probing among the cobble and pebbles of the cold streams that it inhabits.
Definition of ibisbill in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan