Definition of ibogaine in English:
A hallucinogenic compound derived from the roots of a West African shrub, sometimes used as a treatment for heroin or cocaine addiction.
- The shrub is Tabernanthe iboga, family Apocynaceae
- Around the 30 minute mark on the nose, we veer off into ibogaine as addiction cure.
- The compound - the alkaloid ibogaine - is a known natural hallucinogen but has been used experimentally in treating addiction to drugs such as heroin.
- The conference featured speakers on topics ranging from ibogaine to harm reduction in the state of California.
From a blend of iboga (local name for the compound) and cocaine.
Definition of ibogaine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan