A synthetic compound used widely as an analgesic and anti-inflammatory drug.
- Alternative name: 2-(4-isobutylphenyl) propionic acid; chemical formula: C13H18O2
More example sentences
- Aspirin and drugs like ibuprofen and naproxen can cause life-threatening ulcers.
- Regular use of drugs like acetaminophen, ibuprofen or naproxen may also pose hazards.
- Your doctor may ask you to try aspirin or anti-inflammatory medicines like ibuprofen or naproxen.
1960s: from elements of the chemical name.
Definition of ibuprofen in:
- The British & World English dictionary