Definition of ibuprofen in English:
A synthetic compound used widely as an analgesic and anti-inflammatory drug.
- Alternative name: 2-(4-isobutylphenyl) propionic acid; chemical formula: C13H18O2
- Aspirin and drugs like ibuprofen and naproxen can cause life-threatening ulcers.
- Regular use of drugs like acetaminophen, ibuprofen or naproxen may also pose hazards.
- Your doctor may ask you to try aspirin or anti-inflammatory medicines like ibuprofen or naproxen.
1960s: from elements of the chemical name.
Words that rhyme with ibuprofenorphan
Definition of ibuprofen in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.