- 1A glacial episode during a past geological period. See glacial period.More example sentences
- The most dramatic climate changes have occurred during the past 2 million years when the world entered the present ice age.
- The Time Machine zoomed its lead character into war torn London and past a new ice age.
- One thing that they need not concern themselves with is Global Warming causing the onset of the next ice age.
- 1.1 (the Ice Age) The series of glacial episodes during the Pleistocene period.More example sentences
- He was ambivalent about whether or not they were ever filled by ice sheets during the Ice Age.
- Part I explores timber cutting from the end of the Ice Age through the medieval period.
- It was a very quick rate of change between the Ice Age and the warmer period.
More definitions of ice ageDefinition of ice age in:
- The British & World English dictionary