- A covering of ice over a large area, especially on the polar region of a planet.More example sentences
- It came from the Taylor Glacier, an enormous river of ice flowing off the polar ice cap into Antarctica's Taylor Valley.
- The dislodging of a large portion of the ice cap could raise the sea level by meters to tens of meters over the following several years.
- The southern hemisphere is dominated by a polar ice cap, probably composed of nitrogen.
More definitions of ice capDefinition of ice cap in:
- The British & World English dictionary