Definition of ice cream in English:
1A soft frozen food made with sweetened and flavored milk fat.
- You can sample any of them with mini ice-cream spoons, from a tray of jars dedicated to that purpose.
- I had a choc covered flake cone, and was frustrated to find ice-cream melting onto my fingers.
- I have grown-up children and fortunately they were never big ice-cream lovers.
1.1A serving of this, typically in a bowl or a wafer cone or on a stick.
- Fruit fools, jellies, and ice creams were popular desserts.
- Desserts cost £2.95 and featured home-made puddings, gateaux and ice creams.
- Blackcurrants are so intensely flavoured that you don't need much of their purée to make an ice cream.
mid 18th century: alteration of iced cream.
Definition of ice cream in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan