Definition of ice cream in English:
1A soft frozen food made with sweetened and flavored milk fat.
- You can sample any of them with mini ice-cream spoons, from a tray of jars dedicated to that purpose.
- I had a choc covered flake cone, and was frustrated to find ice-cream melting onto my fingers.
- I have grown-up children and fortunately they were never big ice-cream lovers.
1.1A serving of this, typically in a bowl or a wafer cone or on a stick.
- Fruit fools, jellies, and ice creams were popular desserts.
- Desserts cost £2.95 and featured home-made puddings, gateaux and ice creams.
- Blackcurrants are so intensely flavoured that you don't need much of their purée to make an ice cream.
Mid 18th century: alteration of iced cream.
Definition of ice cream in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.