Fish through holes in the ice on a lake or river: ice-fish for perch
More example sentences
- I went ice-fishing and ate a reindeer for dinner.
- He told me that when he was working with the couriers, the Inuit taught him how to ice-fish.
- Polar Circle will arrange a non-diving day and take you round the local villages, teach you to ice-fish, take you skiing or on snowmobile trips.
- More example sentences
- For ice fishing, add accessory sidewalls and a small heater.
- To survive in the winter you had to engage in ice fishing or big-game hunting, both of which are very complex activities.
- Here you'll find 125 km of cross-country ski trails, ice fishing, sledding, guided ecological tours, snowshoeing, climbing and more.
More definitions of ice-fishDefinition of ice-fish in:
- The British & World English dictionary