Definition of ice-fish in English:
Fish through holes in the ice on a lake or river: ice-fish for perch
More example sentences
- I went ice-fishing and ate a reindeer for dinner.
- He told me that when he was working with the couriers, the Inuit taught him how to ice-fish.
- Polar Circle will arrange a non-diving day and take you round the local villages, teach you to ice-fish, take you skiing or on snowmobile trips.
ice fishing noun
- Example sentences
- For ice fishing, add accessory sidewalls and a small heater.
- To survive in the winter you had to engage in ice fishing or big-game hunting, both of which are very complex activities.
- Here you'll find 125 km of cross-country ski trails, ice fishing, sledding, guided ecological tours, snowshoeing, climbing and more.
Definition of ice-fish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan