Definition of ice plant in English:
Either of two succulent plants that are widely cultivated for their flowers.
- ● A South African plant that has leaves covered with glistening fluid-filled hairs that resemble ice crystals (genera Mesembryanthemum and Dorotheanthus, family Aizoaceae, in particular M. crystallinum). ● An Asian stonecrop that bears domed heads of tiny pink flowers (Sedum spectabile, family Crassulaceae).
- The ice plant's lime green foliage contrasts strongly with prickly silver mats of neighboring pinks.
- Expression of McHAK2 and McHAK3 was stimulated in leaves of the ice plant in response to high salinity.
- If you want to attract butterflies to your garden in late summer and autumn, look no further than the ice plant, a perennial which has pretty domed heads of pink flowers above thick, succulent leaves.
Definition of ice plant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan