nounchiefly North American
- A storm of freezing rain that leaves a coating of ice.More example sentences
- Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas all endure the occasional ice storm, hurricane and tornado that can cause electrical outages.
- The string of cancellations began after a freezing rain and ice storm hit the region on December 15.
- The ice storm of 1998 was the largest ice storm in Canadian history.
More definitions of ice stormDefinition of ice storm in:
- The British & World English dictionary