- 1A light, wind-driven vehicle with sails and runners, used for traveling on ice.More example sentences
- Modern iceboats have been reported to reach 90 miles per hour, but in 1938 an official speed record was set that still holds.
- There's a comfortable ranch house with an Explorer, an Expedition, and a Vanagon in the driveway and an iceboat in the garage.
- And when the water gets hard only the iceboat crowd is smiling.
- 2A boat used for breaking ice on a waterway; an icebreaker.More example sentences
- He's worked on patrol boats in Florida and scuba-dived under the North Pole, but piloting an iceboat still gets his adrenaline pumping.
- The iceboat's chief, Captain Daniel K. Oliver, picked up his binoculars and took in the view from the Healy's bridge.
More definitions of iceboatDefinition of iceboat in:
- The British & World English dictionary