Definition of iceboat in English:
1A light, wind-driven vehicle with sails and runners, used for traveling on ice.
- Modern iceboats have been reported to reach 90 miles per hour, but in 1938 an official speed record was set that still holds.
- There's a comfortable ranch house with an Explorer, an Expedition, and a Vanagon in the driveway and an iceboat in the garage.
- And when the water gets hard only the iceboat crowd is smiling.
2A boat used for breaking ice on a waterway; an icebreaker.
- He's worked on patrol boats in Florida and scuba-dived under the North Pole, but piloting an iceboat still gets his adrenaline pumping.
- The iceboat's chief, Captain Daniel K. Oliver, picked up his binoculars and took in the view from the Healy's bridge.
Definition of iceboat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia