Definition of ichthyosis in English:
A congenital skin condition that causes the epidermis to become dry and rough like fish scales.
- Severe dry skin is a feature of certain genetic diseases such as atopic dermatitis and ichthyosis (fish scale-like skin).
- Most healthcare professionals know about Arthritis Care and the Alzheimer's Disease Society, but do you know where to find support groups for people with Kawasaki disease, ichthyosis, or acne?
- The differential diagnosis includes venous stasis dermatitis, pretibial myxedema, filariasis, and ichthyosis.
- Example sentences
- The lotions and creams that are required to maintain ichthyotic skin can be very tough on clothes.
- Affected children present with severe blistering and ichthyotic erythroderma soon after birth.
- A moisturiser was thus undoubtedly efficacious in ichthyotic skin, but the effect was only temporary.
Definition of ichthyosis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.