Definition of iconize in English:
1 Computing Reduce (a window on a screen) to a small symbol or graphic.
- Animations, including 3-D animations for iconizing windows, were generally fairly smooth.
- In essence, they are an alternative to iconizing windows.
- You can drag windows from the pager into the icon box to iconize the window without actually going to the desktop the window lives in.
2Treat as an icon: they iconized him as an iron-jawed symbol of American manhood
More example sentences
- Koraichi's installation iconizes al-Rumi's journey across continents through Turkish ceramic ablution basins, Moroccan gold-embroidered silk, and metal.
- Now we have real GI's being iconized for looking like Robert Mitchum.
- They have been iconised in billboards and adverts across America - as symbols of strength, courage and self-sacrifice.
Definition of iconize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.