Definition of idempotent in English:
Denoting an element of a set that is unchanged in value when multiplied or otherwise operated on by itself.
- Read his paper, On a conjecture of Littlewood and idempotent measures, American Journal of Mathematics 82, 191-212.
- We have already seen the addpath function, which performs an idempotent addition of a pathel to a pathvar.
- The purpose of addpath is to add a pathel (path element) to a pathvar (path variable) in an idempotent fashion.
nounBack to top
An idempotent element.
- Every left ideal is generated by an idempotent, and R is von neumann.
- Further, an idempotent is semiprimitive if it is central and if it cannot be expressed as u+v where u and v are central idempotents with uv = 0.
Definition of idempotent in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan