- A volcanic rock consisting essentially of pumice fragments, formed by the consolidation of material deposited by pyroclastic flows.More example sentences
- Significant differential neotectonic rotations are not evident across the NE continuation of this fault but are detected across the Erciyes pull-apart basin in the 2.8 Ma Incesu ignimbrite.
- Low glass viscosity and rapid welding of ignimbrite would be principally favoured by high-temperature emplacement, alkaline magmatic composition and incomplete degassing.
- The unit is an orange/red-weathered ignimbrite, which is generally massive and strongly feldsparphyric.
1930s: from Latin ignis 'fire' + imber, imbr- 'shower of rain, storm cloud' + -ite1.
More definitions of ignimbriteDefinition of ignimbrite in:
- The British & World English dictionary