- Lack of knowledge or information: he acted in ignorance of basic proceduresMore example sentences
incomprehension of, unawareness of, unconsciousness of, unfamiliarity with, inexperience with, lack of knowledge about, lack of information about• informal cluelessness aboutunenlightenment, illiteracy; lack of intelligence, stupidity, foolishness, idiocy
- Our fear is based on ignorance, they loftily believe, and can be safely dismissed.
- There are vast tracts of ignorance in my knowledge and really there are lots of other people who know more than me.
- The legacy of Lindh is the confusion and ignorance that afflicts today's referendum.
ignorance is bliss • proverb
- If you do not know about something, you do not worry about it.More example sentences
- Ignorance is bliss on the executive rung of the corporate ladder.
- The secret to working with dangerous animals is to remember that ignorance is bliss.
- There truly are times when ignorance is bliss, Miss.
Middle English: via Old French from Latin ignorantia, from ignorant- 'not knowing' (see ignorant).