Definition of ill-use in English:
- His words were that you ill-used me and then utterly disowned us.
- How could you turn your affection to a man that so ill-used you when I was always there longing for you?
- From one point of view, Britain is now marooned in the Atlantic - distrusted by the Europeans, and ill-used by an American administration which remains stubbornly unilateralist and even nationalist.
Pronunciation: /ˌil ˈyo͞os /(ill use) Back to top
- Shylock is certainly a more malicious individual than Antonio, Bassanio, or Portia, yet there can be no question that the Jew suffers ill use at the hands of the Christians.
- His ears went slowly flat in the blackness, and a vast sense of ill-use suffused him as he heard snarling male voices and a lighter, more breathless female one that tried to hide its fear.
Definition of ill-use in:
- British & World English dictionary