Definition of illegal in English:
Contrary to or forbidden by law, especially criminal law: illegal drugs
More example sentences
- The report also raises concerns over the efforts to tackle illegal drug use in prison.
- If it cannot protect them from drugs then it should protect them from illegal drugs and gangsters.
- English law makes illegal a contract to indemnify a person in respect of liability for fraud.
nounderogatory, chiefly North American Back to top
A person present in a country without official authorization.
- Immigration officials say those illegals come from more than 100 countries.
- Have a telephone tip line to report illegals to Immigration.
- People who insist that all illegals be deported have an excellent point, and I think they're right.
Words that rhyme with illegalbeagle, eagle, legal, paralegal, regal, spread eagle, viceregal
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.