- Among the many illustrations in this new book are previously unpublished photographs by Warhol.
- Wentzloff has been drawing children's book illustrations since she was only a child.
- It was Mr. Kalliganur who did the cover design and also a few illustrations for all these books.
- What more graphic illustration of that very point can there be than their reaction to Moore's article.
- He then gives a colourful and graphic illustration of the point.
- David O. Russell used a similar effect in Three Kings as a graphic and terrifying illustration of what a gunshot can do.
- This is a powerful tool, and the author's explanation and illustration should help players apply it to their own study.
- By the close integration of text, commentary, and illustration, he gave the renaissance world a definitive anatomical thesis.
- We focus on legislation, explanation, interpretation and illustration in the form of examples.
- Example sentences
- The only exceptions to this rule are a baseball card and a few purely illustrational reproductions of newspaper clippings or book covers.
- Schad's graphic work, often anecdotal and illustrational, is evocative of George Grosz but without the muscle.
- More illustrational than painterly in feel, they are still further evidence of Joyce's playful sensibility.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'illumination; spiritual or intellectual enlightenment'): via Old French from Latin illustratio(n-), from the verb illustrare (see illustrate).
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.