Definition of illustrative in English:
Serving as an example or explanation: this timetable is provided for illustrative purposes only
More example sentences
- Both examples are illustrative of the problems which arise because organizations, including banks, must of their nature act through human agents.
- They're seen as too important to ditch - and that's illustrative of the way universities view their students.
- And the process is illustrative of how organized they are, what kind of things they value, how careful they are.
- Example sentences
- Therefore, Woolf is engagingly and illustratively gesticulatory.
- But illustratively, if we look at motor vehicle accidents, something like about 5% of the claims that go through motor vehicle injury schemes account for something like about 50% of the total cost of those schemes.
- As Lock recognizes, ‘Thoth's book uses the inscribed image illustratively rather than deterministically.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan