- Here then is nostalgia with a personal intensity within a poem that evokes language games and surreal imagery.
- Golding frequently uses imagery to describe the scenery and the setting.
- But the notebooks are not simply a storehouse for banking imagery and language.
- Either in digital or in picture form, the imagery is hard to interpret.
- While the imagery was similar, the format and the images' density were not.
- To manipulate the imagery he uses rotoscope mattes to protect part of an image in order to replace it with another.
- In elite society, aristocratic funerary sculpture quickly replaced religious imagery with heraldic and symbolic devices.
- What makes it so phenomenally stunning, then, is the film's visual imagery.
- The film is rich in allegorical theme and symbolic imagery, transforming the most banal of materials into miraculous epiphanies.
Middle English (in the senses 'statuary, carved images collectively'): from Old French imagerie, from imager 'make an image', from image (see image).
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of imagery in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.