Definition of imaginal in English:
1iˈmāɡənəl Of or relating to an image: imaginal education methods
More example sentences
- Our imagination is socially shaped; we get our repertoire of images from the society's imaginal world, though we also contribute to that world in turn.
- These include cognitive, emotive, imaginal, and behavioural methods.
- Every perception enters an imaginal file, buds in arrest until swayed by a life-shifting rain or the blight of the news of an unknown person's death.
2iˈmāɡənəl Entomology Of or relating to an adult insect or imago.
- It was necessary to include these last two stages before the imaginal molt because development of alates was not completely synchronized; these nymphs and alates were present from April - mid August, when nuptial flights begin.
- Late instars were isolated into same sex groups prior to the imaginal molt to ensure virginity.
- In lepidopterans, extirpation of imaginal wing discs in the final instar delays pupation in order for the larva to regenerate lost tissue.
Words that rhyme with imaginalpaginal
Definition of imaginal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.