- An organic compound containing the group —C=NH or —C=NR where R is an alkyl or other group.More example sentences
- These compounds, widely distributed among freshwater and marine organisms, are cyclohexenone or cyclohexenimine rings conjugated with imine or amino acids substituents.
- Well-known covalent immobilization involves the formation of disulfide, imine, or amide bonds.
- This reaction probably involves proton transfer followed by electron transfer, which is the reason that the protonated imine is easier to reduce than the aldehyde.
late 19th century: from amine, on the pattern of the pair amide, imide.
More definitions of imineDefinition of imine in:
- The British & World English dictionary