- 1The action of coming to live permanently in a foreign country: patterns of immigration from the Indian sub-continent to BritainMore example sentences
- This is also the generation who suffered most at the brutal application of immigration laws.
- The second great problem in immigration and illegal trafficking in people.
- The screening of this film will be followed by a discussion on illegal immigration.
- 1.1The place at an airport or country’s border where government officials check the documents of people entering that country.More example sentences
- Admittedly it took a little while at immigration but that was just checking passports.
- Late that night we cleared immigration and added an observer to the crew.
- I tried to plead with immigration to see if we could come to an understanding.
More definitions of immigrationDefinition of immigration in:
- The British & World English dictionary