- The reaction of the cells and fluids of the body to the presence of a substance that is not recognized as a constituent of the body itself.More example sentences
- In the realm of immunology, substances that cause immune responses or allergic reactions are known as antigens.
- They then migrate to lymph nodes to initiate an immune response in the T cell areas.
- The body uses humoral and cellular immune responses to reject a transplanted graft.
More definitions of immune responseDefinition of immune response in:
- The British & World English dictionary