Definition of immunize in English:
Make (a person or animal) immune to infection, typically by inoculation: the vaccine is used to immunize children against measles
More example sentences
- Stray dogs are carefully controlled, household dogs are immunised, and rabies vaccination is widely available.
- Mice were immunized with the allergen and the response was compared with the response achieved with ovalbumin immunization.
- Three days after UV exposure, the mice were immunized by subcutaneous injection of the antigen.
vaccinate against, inoculate against;
protect from, safeguard against
- Example sentences
- We recorded use of preventive health services and immunisations at the final paediatric assessments.
- The original review included intramuscular injections or immunizations as painful procedures.
- The other part of the schedule lists immunizations indicated and contraindicated by medical conditions.