- (Chiefly of drugs) partially or completely suppressing the immune response of an individual.More example sentences
- Medical treatment includes the administration of immunosuppressive therapy and the discontinuation of any previous corticosteroid treatment.
- This is the main immunosuppressive agent used in cardiac transplantation.
- Such transfers of fully formed organs might require immunosuppressive drugs to make them compatible.
nounBack to top
- A drug that suppresses the immune response of an individual.More example sentences
- In addition, fungi grow in the human body as a secondary effect of medications such as antibiotics and immunosuppressives.
- Mitoxentrone, a potent immunosuppressive, has been used with success but is not FDA-approved for this indication.
- All patients continued their prior adjunctive therapy of corticosteroids and immunosuppressives.
More definitions of immunosuppressiveDefinition of immunosuppressive in:
- The British & World English dictionary