Definition of impedance in English:
The effective resistance of an electric circuit or component to alternating current, arising from the combined effects of ohmic resistance and reactance. See also acoustic impedance.
- Impedance is usually expressed as a complex quantity Z = R + jX, where R is resistance, X is reactance, and j is the imaginary square root of 1
- The constant impedance is maintained despite changes in temperature and voltage by using two external resistors to hold the impedances for all the I / O pins, which can number hundreds in the larger parts.
- An impedance matching circuit is provided for each signal-carrying wire pair of the first and second wire pair sets.
- The transponder alters the impedance of the tuned circuit in accordance with the coded pattern.
Definition of impedance in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India