Definition of impedance in English:
The effective resistance of an electric circuit or component to alternating current, arising from the combined effects of ohmic resistance and reactance. See also acoustic impedance.
- Impedance is usually expressed as a complex quantity Z = R + jX, where R is resistance, X is reactance, and j is the imaginary square root of 1
- The constant impedance is maintained despite changes in temperature and voltage by using two external resistors to hold the impedances for all the I / O pins, which can number hundreds in the larger parts.
- An impedance matching circuit is provided for each signal-carrying wire pair of the first and second wire pair sets.
- The transponder alters the impedance of the tuned circuit in accordance with the coded pattern.
Words that rhyme with impedanceantecedence, credence
Definition of impedance in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.