Definition of imperialist in English:
Of, relating to, supporting, or practicing imperialism: an imperialist regime
More example sentences
- They in no way challenge the capitalist and imperialist character of the European Union itself.
- Today, a new era of imperialist violence and colonialism has begun.
- This has been accompanied by a turn to imperialist war and neo-colonialism.
nounchiefly derogatory Back to top
A person who supports or practices imperialism.
- It was only a matter of time before the imperialists and the junta struck.
- Empire builders supreme, capitalists extraordinaire, imperialists par excellence, these are the criteria by which they govern.
- Are advocates of human rights necessarily cultural imperialists?
Definition of imperialist in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan