- Resource limitation is an implicit assumption of any competition hypothesis and should be tested.
- He conceded that such an inference would be only implicit.
- They may also be curtailed, with the explanation left implicit.
- In any case, whether or not our present lethal lack of cohesion can be attributed to the rise of multiculturalism, the moral relativism implicit in that view always made it a dubious position to hold.
- This would also provide tremendous fodder for analysis of the social networks implicit in links.
- This view is so fundamentally flawed yet so implicit in the Australian mentality that it seems almost impossible to efface or even moderate.
- I have further narrowed the field of important questions by following some implicit principles.
- The patient has read a bit, is very anxious, and reaches the doctor most often imagining the worst and with implicit faith in this ‘worker of miracles’.
- He has implicit faith in his advice so in spite of many people's doubts and reservations, it is now as successful and professional a partnership as there is on tour.
- This paper contains his famous deep implicit function theorem.
- Actually, since the domain of a function is usually implicit from context, putting the * in front of an extended function is slightly redundant and thus usually omitted.
- In figure 2b, the implicit function is plotted for different values of q.
- Example sentences
- Whereas many researchers have discussed phenomena that relate to implicitness in texts, nobody has before to my knowledge made implicitness itself the main object of study.
- Various forms of implicitness are shown to contribute to different levels of text coherence as identified by different foci of relevance.
- Formal systems may range from a football team to the Cosmos; but in primal, natural systems, the idea of an embedded implicitness ultimately suggests a ‘Within’ in the heart of things.
Late 16th century: from French implicite or Latin implicitus, later form of implicatus 'entwined', past participle of implicare (see imply).
Words that rhyme with implicitcomplicit, elicit, explicit, illicit, licit, solicit
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.